Last Saturday night we celebrated Easton’s birthday party at
Jungle Jims. He loved the rides
and was in heaven all night!
Spencer is the calmest baby you will ever meet!
I have a feeling these boys will be BFF like Pres and Blake!
This girl loves life more than anyone I know!
Such a good big sister!
All the Scott cousins, I LOVE them!!
The Scott Family
Happy 3rd Birthday Easton, we love you sooo much!
After the party Blake and I snuggled up on the couch to watch tv and soak up being together before I left.Sunday morning I had to leave early in the morning to the airport with Lisa. We planned a girls trip a few months ago for our birthdays since they are only 2 weeks apart! We told our husbands rather than presents we just wanted a fun trip together, BEST IDEA EVER! We got to the airport and I busted out a photo blanket Lisa made for me a few years ago. We were laughing our heads off looking back at some fun memories!
We flew to Oakland and then to Burbank.
Thanks to my awesome friend Mike, we got a killer deal at Marriot right by the airport. Our hotel was amazing! Of course we requested one king bed rather than 2 queens haha, we couldn’t spare one moment not being together!
Lisa was telling me about how she felt super ghetto because the heel fell off her boots forever ago but she still wears them all the time. I started laughing so hard and showed her mine were the same haha....this is why we are best friends!
The weather was 80 degrees and we were in heaven. We went straight to the pool as soon as we checked in. We layed out and it felt so great!
Once it started to cool off a little we headed to our room to change for dinner. We ate at Olive Garden and then went to Target to get some snacks for Lisa. Her stomach has been giving her major grief and so she is on a very strict diet, so finding food can be a bit tricky for her. We decided to grab some snacks for when we couldn’t find food for her! She ended up eating an entire family sized bag of Frito Scoops during the trip haha it was awesome!
We headed back to our hotel and headed to the gym. We both love working out, weird I know.
We got into bed pretty early and just relaxed and watched tv, it was heavenly!
We both love our oatmeal and so of course we brought our own and had breakfast in bed every morning!
The whole reason we planned this trip was to see Ellen. We applied for tickets about 3 months ago. We never heard back but decided to get tickets to some other shows and try to go to Ellen on standby. We set our alarms super early so we’d be the first ones to leave a message for standby tickets. We were both so giddy/nervous all morning keeping our phones by us at all times. We kept thinking the call would come but it never didL. We went to the gym, got ready for the day and then went to lunch at Dennys. We finally came to terms with it, we would not be going to Ellen. We were bummed and needed to get out and forget about it! We decided to head into Hollywood……we had no idea what we were in for! We didn’t rent a car and so we had to use buses and taxis. We decided to try out the buses…….and learned our lesson very quickly. We had to wait 40 min for the bus. While waiting a normal looking guy came and sat by us. He told us he was from Canada and that it was a Canadian custom to kiss womens feet. Lisa said no and I told him my feet were VERY stinky because I hadn’t washed them in a few days. He didn’t care and then I didn’t know what to do. Before I knew it he was kissing……with tongue, on my foot. I felt SOOO akward and didn’t know what to do. There was some major akward silence followed by him asking if he could do it again. I kindly said one was just fine.
Lisa told him her Canadian friends had never kissed her feet before and then he got up and walked away VERY fast. We kept looking over our shoulders for hidden camera but it really did happen……people in Hollywood are insane!! We finally got on the bus and it was a pretty sketchy ride. The minute we got off all I knew was that I needed a diet coke stat! Once I got my diet coke I was a happy girl again. Walking the streets of Hollywood we quickly realized that we were totally out of our element. There was crazy, scary people talking to themselves, dressed up in crazy costumes and we wanted to get off the street asap! We found Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and went in, anything to get off the streets. We had a blast! The wax sculptures were amazing!
Yes I have Beiber Fever....its fine
I don't know why but this is one of my favorite pictures from this trip, it is just so us!
Of course Lisa got stopped on the street after the museum and some girl wanted to interview her! Lisa didn't know what to do haha.
The classic Hollywood sign pic!
After we finished we headed over to a mall to do some
shopping and ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen there. We opted to taxi back home, cost more
but was worth every penny! We
snuggled up in our bed and watched bachelor, perfect night!Of course our taxi smelled like puke, we could not catch a break with transportation! It took a long time to finally get seated, but we got front row! We had to sit by the guests that were on the show, which can be a bit akward after they’ve aired their dirty laundry in front of you! Before the show the do a little dance off. I got to go on stage and strut my stuff and won a free mug woot woot! The first show was called Dr Phil Save My Marriage. I really liked Dr. Phil’s advice, he’s tough love and doesn’t mess around, it was intense but super awesome! When you go see his show you have to stay for 2 episodes. They make everyone get up after the first show and switch around seating. We were moved to the other side but still got front row by the guests, it was awesome! Lisa had to sit by a violent teen, slightly uncomfortable but hey at least we got some tv time!
The show ended an hour later than it was supposed to so we didn’t have time to get lunch, we just headed straight to the Jay Leno show.
We were pretty far back in the line because we got there so late! When they sat us we thought we’d have horrible seats, but then they walked us up front and center, right on the aisle. They had 2 seats taped off and they pulled the tape off and sat us, we were SOOO happy! They had an awesome comedian entertaining us before the show started. I got to go up on stage with him and help him with a skit, I stood behind him and was his arms as he told a story, it was hilarious and I got a free tee shirt, and I love me some free stuff! Jay Leno came out before the taping in regular cloths and chatted and let people take pictures, he’s awesome! The show was hilarious and we had so much fun. The guests were Dana Carvey, Emily Rossum and Ben Harper. After the show we had dinner at a little Greek restaurant by our hotel. Of course I had to get some sugar-free ice cream after! We walked back to our hotel and hit the hay.
We checked out of our hotel and left our bags at the front desk before jumping in our taxi and heading to Lets Make A Deal. It was such a party the whole time at the show! We met some awesome new friends and had WAY too much fun screaming and dancing like crazy people! Yes we are both 25 and still love to dress up!
We can’t say exactly what happened but Lisa got called up and we both got some camera time, it was epic! We were completely exhausted after the show. We headed back to the hotel, grabbed our bags and headed to the airport. I still can’t believe the trip has come and gone already we were soooo excited for so long! It will be one of my fondest memories with my little Lisa friend. Not many people get as lucky as I have been to have a friend like her. She makes me laugh harder than anyone can and is one of those people who can make even the dumbest things super fun! I love that girl so much and I’m so grateful for her friendship. She is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of friend! We made sure to tell our husbands that this is officially a new birthday tradition, no presents for birthdays, just a SWEET girls trip! After a rough and VERY bumpy ride home, our cute husbands met us at the airport. We were sad to part but both couldn’t wait to see our hubbies! I missed Blake so much and it felt so good to be back together again! I came home to this, this is why my husband in the best:):
Thursday was my birthday, 25, wow why does that sound so old to me?!!? I temped at Blake’s cousin’s dental office since I hadn’t worked all week, whoopsies haha. I really love their office, so it was a great day! After work I met Blake at home and we got ready to go to dinner. We had my birthday dinner with both our fams at Asian Star. We had to make a reservation for 30 plus 3 highchairs haha, we have the greatest most supportive families ever! It was a madhouse but was a dream birthday for me! I love the excitement of all the cute kids and how well our families blend together!
Eleni is the biggest baby ever and we just love her to pieces!!!
Mikko and Chase, the most handsome nephews on the planet, how lucky am I?!?
Sandy made me a honeycrisp "cake", she knows me too well haha!
The kiddos have too much fun together!
Blowing our candles
I wanted a Dirndile (Germen little girl outfit) sooo bad when we were in Germany but never got one so Sandy surprised me with one. I was super excited......and no this is not some kind of announcement haha.
Parks love uncle Blake so much!
Best part of Chinese dinners is getting fortune cookies!
I was spoiled rotten and had so much fun!
Friday morning I had my first piano/singing lesson in 2 years, with Abe Kaelin. Piano is a serious passion of mine and it felt so good to be back! After piano I went to the gym and then headed downtown to meet my mom. We grabbed lunch at Little America and I helped fix her phone that has been acting up. I ran some errands after and then headed home to do some laundry. That night we grabbed dinner at Settebello’s, my fav, with Grammy, JJ, Sandy, Pres, Preston and Jamyn. My stomach had been acting weird all day and so we had to cut the night a bit short . I made it home just in time to upchuck the minute I walked in the door. I hate when that happens after you eat at your fav restaurant!
Saturday morning I was feeling a little bit better and went to the gym. Blake and I ate lunch at the house and then went to see Mikko’s soccer game. He is such a little stud muffin! After his game we went out to Nicole and Mikkos. The boys moved their old couch to our house…..our new couch wasn’t as awesome as we thought and so they are letting us borrow their old one for a while. While the boys were gone we had some girl talk about some big decisions I’ve got to make this week. DJ and Kelsi called us that night and had some extra Jazz tickets. We were super excited and headed right down!
We played the Pacers and won in overtime, it was a super fun night.
This morning Blake and I decided to fast to help me as I decided what I need to do this week. I am so grateful for a righteous husband that always reminds me where to turn when I’m lost and confused. We both taught lessons in young mens and womens. I always get so nervous but thanks to my amazing girls and advisor Sammi it always turns out ok. I feel like this calling is stretching me WAY farther than I ever knew I could and I’m so grateful for it. Now Blake and I are getting ready to go visit my grandpa D. He went back to the hospital again. My poor Grandpa and mom can’t catch a break. Just when things start to look up, he spirals down again.
Its been another busy week full of fun. I’m the luckiest and am so grateful for all the goodness in my life. Its been 25 amazing years and I can’t wait to see what year 26 has in store for me!

















No comments:
Post a Comment