Last Sunday we had my parents over for dinner after church. It was one of the first times we've had a Sunday meal at our house haha, whoopsies we are kinda slackers! It was so fun and dinner even turned out pretty yummy.
Monday was New Years Eve. Blake had to work but I had the day off. I went to the gym and then did chores around the house. That night we got take-out sushi from Red Ginger and had DJ and Kelsi over. After dinner we got in the hot tub and it felt so good b/c it was so cold outside. We went to see Life of Pi after and it was pretty good. We got out a few minutes before midnight so we hurried home to watch the ball drop and do the countdown. We ran outside at midnight and did some confetti poppers and blew party horns....pretty exciting I know!
There were some awesome fireworks show all around that we stayed out to watch for a bit. It was a great way to ring in 2013!I was so excited Blake didn't have to work on Tuesday. We went up to Snowbird with Pop, Preston, Jamyn, Ryan Bailey and Rich Bailey.
It was a chilly day but we had a blast. It felt sooooo good to be out on the slopes again. Skiing is one of my favorite things in the whole world and the snow was amazing! The day went by too fast and we were exhausted after. Everyone came back to our house after and we chilled on the couch and watched tv. My husband lives for lazy days like that! We were devastated when we went to get in our hot tub only to find it was freezing! Luckily our neighbor fixes hottubs and was able to come over and figure out the problem! We finally had to leave the house because we were starving and so we had a yummy dinner at Asian Star. We all went to Pres and Sandy's after to snuggle by the fire and watch movies.
Wednesday it was finally back to work. I hadn't worked since before our Atlanta trip so it felt weird to be back at work! Luckily I love my job so it felt so good to be back. After work Blake and I went to a stake young men/womens activity. We had a low key rest of the night.
Thursday I worked at Dr. Dastrups office. After work I went to my cycling class. We cooked a pasta dinner and chilled at the house.
Friday morning I did some laundry and then headed to the gym. I did some grocery shopping and then headed home. Our power was out so our house was a bit chilly. I couldn't do any of my stuff around the house. You forget how much you use electricity everyday.....no laundry, no vaccuum, no hot tub......lame! Finally our power came back on around 4. That night I tried a delicious recipe I saw on Rachael Ray that morning at the gym. It was a cobb salad chicken roll and it turned out delicious! We made smoothies and went to get in our hot tub only to find it still freezing! We were so bummed. Our friend came back the next day and finally got it working again.
Saturday morning I went to the gym and then Blake and I headed out to Lauren and Trav's house. Pres was already out there and the boys went to town painting the basement, it looks so good! I love how all our boys are such good handymen!
While the boys were busy painting me and Laur went all domestic and made homemade strawberry jam. Blake LOVES her jam and so I was so excited to finally learn her secret
This cute little one was all smiles all day, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that face!!
After a long day of painting Blake, Preston and I headed to the running stores to look at some shoes for them so they can start ragnar training. Jamyn had been at a drill competition all day and met up with us for dinner at Chipotle. We ended up staying there almost 3 hours laughing our butts off! Love playing with the fab 4!
This morning we started 9:00 church. Poor Blake had meetings before and then we both had meetings after. We were exhausted we got home and so we took a nice Sunday snooze. We had dinner at Sandy's and now we're just hanging out having a nice Super Movie Sunday. Still can't believe it's 2013. 2012 has been very good to us:
We bought our first house
That conveniently came with a hot tub that we enjoyed WAY too much!
After quite a scare we were blessed with my dad's recovery from a major heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery
We ran a triathlon together
We visited Blake mission in Germany
We were blessed with a handsome new nephew
& 2 new beautiful nieces
We celebrated 2 amazing years together!
2012 brought so many wonderful blessing and we can't wait to see what 2013 will bring!







No comments:
Post a Comment