2013 was a great year to say the least! It was full of new jobs, a new house, scuba diving, heli skiing, a new niece, family vacations and mounds of fun in between. We have been so blessed this year and feel extremely grateful. We can only hope 2014 will be half as fun!
Last Sunday we headed up to Island Park to go to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin. They built this cabin in 2009 and it is to die for! We love everytime we get a chance to go enjoy it! We drove up with my mom and caravanned with Nick, Kesh and the kids. My cousin Danny, his wife Jessica and their 3 kids also came. My aunt Sandy, Uncle Dan and other cousins came and went throughout the days we were there! I love these cousins so much and only wish they lived a little closer, we always have so much fun together!
Monday we spent the day eating our weight in food, sledding our hearts out, snowmobiling and snuggling in the warm cabin. All the little girls were in love with Blake so I had to fight for a seat next to him always!
My cousin Leslie finally got her little girl after waiting a very long time. She is adorable and we are so happy for her! Baby Payten was in heaven, she loves babies!
Easton getting some mad air on his "snowmobile"
Blake and Max
SOOO nerbous! They have the perfect little hill right in their backyard
Cousin fun with Cody and Max
These brothers are best friends and have so much fun together! Reminds me of what Blake and Preston were probably like!
Baby Payten loves uncle Blake!
Tyson's turn on the snowmobile
Macie and Max
Sometimes us girls get a little tired and need a rest
The boys and Payten
Les and Lucy, word on the street is that she was the craziest driver, she could hardly she because she got laughing so hard!
Me and my sweet hubby
Lucy and her daddy, he is the cutest dad!
Time for big boy playtime! Blake waited all day for this!
It was a perfect day and we were all exhausted by night time!Tuesday was New Years Eve and of course Kesh brought all the fun things the kids would want to celebrate!
Payten was pumped to party!
Viv and Macie going for a ride with Blake. Someone else tried to take Macie for a ride but she said no I'm waiting for that guy with Rylee to take me. Even the girls that didn't know Blake super well were obsessed with him. Viv had to "nuggle wif dat Bake" whenever we laid down to watch tv haha!
Easton with mom and dad! We couldn't get that kid to go inside. He would have stayed outside ALL day, like from sun-up to sun-down if we didn't make him go in for the silly things like eating and potty breaks!
Love this boy, I'm the luckiest!
Uncle Dan with Viv.....2 seconds later they tipped backwards off the starting ramp we build haha it was awesome!
Lucy and Easton, these 2 are 2 peas in a pod! The 2 most stubborn children you will meet, but all the 2 cutest! They had so much fun playing together!
After another perfect day we celebrated the new year with the most delicious prime rib dinner! Dan and Sandy basically treat you like queens and kings when you come visit!
Celebrating new years......at 10 pm haha! What they don't know can't hurt them right?!?
The adults stayed up and played Texas Hold 'Em. Kesh and I were the final two players and she beat me on a final winner takes all hand! Kesh is the queen of games and probably would have stayed up all night playing if we'd have let her!Wednesday morning I woke up to this cute face. She brought her bag of chex mix and snuggled up under the covers with me, she is the cutest!
After everyone got up we packed up and cleaned the cabin and hit the road. We were in a little bit of a hurry to get home because all of Sandy's side of the family was in town for James and Jen's wedding. It was on New Years Eve so we didn't make it but we wanted to see everyone before they headed home. It was great to see everyone and enjoy all of Sandy's amazing food!
Meredith had a loose tooth and I helped her pull it out! She was super nervous when she saw blood so we "wiped it off with a Kleenex" and it accidentally popped out :)
Thursday I took down Christmas. It is always a sad time for me. I look so forward all year to putting up my cute Christmas decorations and it never lasts long enough. My house is so cute and cozy with them and always looks empty when they're gone! Luckily I have a sweet husband that helps me a lot! Blake went to a game with his dad that night and so I got Cafe Rio take out and attemped cleaning up the glittery mess left behind. When Blake got home we snuggled up by the fire and watched a movie.
Friday I had piano and then went to a dr's appt. After my appt I went to Whit's to watch her kids while she went to a dr appt. I took the kids to Cafe Rio for lunch and they were so good. They are so fun and easy to have around. They were the absolute perfect lunch dates! After lunch we went back to Whit's a played for a bit. When she got home I headed to Lauren's to watch the kids for a bit while she ran some after Christmas errands. My nieces and nephews are the cutest and are my best friends. I'd rather hang out with them more than almost anyone else in the world! That night Christian, Blake's friend from Germany, arrived. It's been months since we last saw him so we were really excited! We finally have a house big enough for friends to stay over so its perfect! We all went to Blake's cousin, Zach's, homecoming party. The whole family was there and it was really fun, we have the greatest fam!
Saturday the boys met at Nicole and Mikko's to go paintballing. They try to convince me that I should play but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon! While they played I went to the gym. We did some shopping after and then grabbed dinner at Cafe Rio. We spent the rest of the night at Scheels, Blake's version of Disneyland!
Sunday Christian came to church with us. Blake and I met our new Sunday School class. Our new calling is team teaching 12 yrs old Sunday School. Blake taught the lesson and it was amazing, he is such a great teacher! After church we hurried over the Sandy's because we were starving. Her dinner was amazing as usual. Seriously I hope I am half the cook she is someday, mmmmm! We spent the rest of the day hanging with the family.
Monday it was back to work. Hearing my alarm go off was a little painful but it was fun to see my friends again. It was an insanely busy and crazy day and we got off super late. I couldn't muster the strength to make it to the gym so I took the day off. We all grabbed take out, my from Cafe Rio of course, and headed to Nicole's. Bachelor finally started again and it was so fun, I love our Monday night tradition at Nicole's!
Tuesday I worked at Johansen's and then went to the gym. I met Christian for a quick Costco run and then we met Blake at home. We headed downtown to pick up Christian's date (someone wanted to line him up). We went to dinenr at Sawadee and it was super yummy! It was a really great night. After we dropped off Christian's date we headed back to our house to watch Last of the Mohecans, Blake's favorite movie. It was our last Christian and we were so sad to see him leave. He is like family and we are already counting down until we get to see him next!














.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment