Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tuachan and Celine Dion

    Monday I worked at Focus and then met up with Blake for our weekly date night at the hospital cafeteria and birthing class.  It was another great class.  I love learning all about what is going on with my body but I’m not gonna lie it also makes me a little nervous haha.  After class Blake and I went home and watched a few birth videos online………the natural birth made me SUPER nervous haha.  I can’t believe my body is seriously capable of really doing this!

    Tuesday I worked at Johansens and then went to the gym.  I met Blake after at his flag football game.  They played awesome and that meant they made it to the playoffs the next night.  They were going to potentially play 3 games (you were eliminated if you lost and the 3rd game if you made it that far was the championship).

    Wednesday I worked at Johansens and then went to the gym.  I ran a few errands, grabbed take out dinner, got some ice water and treats for the boys and headed to the playoffs.  I made if for the end of the 2nd game.  It was a tough game but they ended up winning.  It was soooo hot outside and I don’t know how on Earth they had the energy to keep playing!  They dumped ice water all over their heads, had some water and ate some granola bars and then it was time for the championship.  They started out with a bang and looked so good.  By the end the poor boys were absolutely exhausted and the other team had a few VERY lucky chances in their favor and so our boys ended up taking second.  It was sad, but I was still proud of how far they got and how amazing they played after playing 3 games in 98 degree weather!

    Thursday I worked at Focus and then went to the gym.  I showered and packed a bag for Blake and I.  Before I even finished packing Pres, Sandy and Grammy were at our house ready to go.  Once Blake got home we all hopped in the car and headed to St. George.  We stopped for dinner at Wild Zuchinni and arrived in St. George just in time for bed.  Nicole, Mikko and there kids were already there waiting for us.  Preston and Jamyn were supposed to come to but after talking with their Dr decided with the timing of the baby it probably wasn’t a wise idea for them to travel that far. They were definitely missed!

    Friday morning the boys went golfing and Sandy and I went for a big walk.  I love walking the huge hill by the condo!  Blake knew my day wouldn’t be complete without my favorite, poolside Jimmy John’s and Orange Peel so he picked it up for my on his way home from the golf course.  
 We spent the rest of the day poolside and it was gloooorious! 
Parker is fearless in the water and I love it!
 Showing us his "dive".....more like a belly flop but it was the best!
 Izzy cannot keep her hands off my belly and it makes me so happy!  She doesn't even talk to me she just runs right up and kisses my belly and talks to baby girl, it is the cutest!
 The night we grabbed dinner at Pizza Factory and then headed to Tuachan to see the Little Mermaid.  I saw the play 3 years ago and have been dying to take Blake to see it ever since!
 My cute girlfriend Bethany and her husband were in town from Switzerland and happened to also be at the play.  We ran into them and it was SO good to see them.  I’ve missed them so much, but have really enjoyed reading their blog and seeing all their fun European adventures!   I hope we’ll be able to make it over there at least once to visit them before they move back home.
 There was a little breeze that night and so it felt so good during the play.  Once again Tuachan outdid itself and the play had us all mesmerized the entire time.  Blake now understands why I have to go see the new play every summer!
    Saturday morning Blake and I went to the temple.  We’ve both always wanted to go to the St. George temple.  I think that temple is so beautiful.  
 We went and did baptisms for the dead.  We’ve tried to do them at home a few times but they won’t let adults do them at home because they want to save names for the youth.  I haven’t done baptisms in years and so it was really fun.  Blake was able to be the one baptizing and it was really neat.  How lucky I am to have a husband that is a worthy priesthood holder.  I love being in the temple with him.  I am so lucky to have him as my husband forever and ever!!!  After the temple we headed back to the pool for the day.  Later that afternoon we got all cleaned up and headed into Vegas.  We ran a few errands around there and then went to dinner at my favorite, Harley Davidson Café.  My favorite meal ever is a bowl of their chicken corn chowder.  Baby girl was really craving it so I went all out and got 2 bowls for dinner and some delicious biscuts for dipping.  I was in heaven!
 After dinner we headed to Ceasar’s Palace to see Celine Dion.  Her voice is amazing and it was a great show!  Seeing her show was another thing checked off my bucketlist!
 It was a late night and we didn’t get back to the condo until 1:30 and we were absolutely exhausted!

    Sunday morning Blake and I went to church and then spent the rest of the day poolside.  It was heaven.  Sitting in the pool feeling weightless with the sun baking my skin, I don’t think life gets better than that!  I soaked in the pool and played with the kids the entire day, that is the life!  
Finally it was time to pack up and get ready.  I did not want to leave gosh dang it!  We stopped at Chuck A Rama and grabbed some dinner before hitting the road to head back home.  I love our little St. George getaways, they are my favorite.  We are so lucky to have such a fun condo to escape away to!

No comments:

Post a Comment