Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Disneyworld

    Last week Blake and I were lucky enough to get to tag-along with Preston and Jamyn to Florida.  Jamyn coaches Bingham's drill team and they had their national competition in Florida.  Preston and Sandy came too and it was a week full of WAY too much fun!    

    Tuesday I worked at Dr. Johansens office and then headed straight to Pres and Sandys....like my bags were in the car and we went immediately to the airport.  Blake had already left earlier in the day but had a layover along the way so we all arrived about the same time.  It was a long day of travel and we were excited to get to bed.  

    Wednesday morning we woke up and didn't stop for a second, it was amazing!  I'm a theme parks junkie and I was in heaven and couldn't stop smiling!  We ate breakfast and then headed to Hollywood Studios where my favorite ride was, Tower of Terror.  We packed in as many rides as we could and had a blast!
We were lucky enough to get park hopper passes so we got to visit every park.  We headed to Animal Kingdom for the 2nd half of the day.
We loved our lives on the Everest Rollercoaster.....yes that face is real and yes it was followed by a man scream.....
Everest
The Tree Of Life
The Kilimanjaro Safari, it took me back!  I have a picture EXACTLY like that from my real safari
We wore Nana right out.....
We found our dino!!
We went back to our hotel after and had a power nap and then headed to Downtown Disney for a delicious dinner at Wolfgang Puck.  For dessert Jamyn introduced me to the greatest cupcakes in the world that were sugar/gluten free and AMAZING.....I might have eaten both mine and Blake's....I never get dessert, don't judge me!

    Thursday morning we headed to Universal Studios.  I was dying with excitement to visit Hogwarts....yes I'm a Harry Potter nerd!  It was even better than I'd hoped!  Jamyn and I were like kids in a candy store.....our husbands were a little embarrassed! The Harry Potter ride was epic and I literally felt like I was in the book!
Behind us was the Hulk Rollercoaster.  Fun fact I never knew, Jamyn is obssessed with rollercoasters and could ride them all day long.......the bigger/jerkier/crazier the better.  Another fun fact, if you visit a theme park you should take my husband because people love him and will do whatever he ask....as in we got to the front of every ride....just because he asked.....everytime!
Another view of Hogwarts
We decided to ride the Jurrasic Park Ride and it was one of the best/funniest memories of the trip.  We tried really hard to research what was the best seat to ride on to not get wet.  We tried to find the skinniest people in line to ride in our boat with us.  Needless to say we failed miserably and got drenched!  It hit us straight in the face and Pop was choking on all the water.  We all got laughing so hard we couldn't even breathe!
So nerbous!
Vacation King and Queen.....When we grow up we want to be just like them!
Another perfect day!
That of course had to end with cupcakes!!!


    Friday we went back to the Animal Kingdom to see more animals and it was really fun!  Later in the day we headed to the Magical Kingdom.
It is their equivalent of Disneyland.  Here is the classic castle picture
How cute are they
The castle was lit up SO pretty that night!
We ate dinne that night at our hotel.  Poor Jamyn had a late night dance performance with her girls while the rest of us hit that hay.

    Jamyn got to bed late and then had to get up again before all of us for another performance.  I'm glad one of us could be responsible haha!  After she got back we headed to hit our favorite rides one more time.
Tower of Terror

And the Aerosmith Rockn' Rollercoaster
We spent the rest of the day at Epcot
It was so fun visiting all the countries....and eating at all of them:)!  Germany will always hold a special place in our hearts!  Our boys love their brats!
We headed in early to catch the rest of the dance competition!  Jamyn's girls were on fire and did AMAZING!
It was funny to watch them and see little dance moves in their routines that we see Jamyn doing around the house!
I wondered if I was just biased when I thought they were by far the best.....then they took first in everything....and the Grand National Championship, no big deal!
Obviously having the best coach ever paid off!

    Sunday morning Blake went straight to Nashville for a work conference.  Poor guy had to get on his shuttle for the airport at 3:55 am!  The rest of us slept in and then went to a team breakfast as Planet Hollywood.  We went back after to pack our bags and take naps.  My flight left before everyone elses and it was another long day of travel.  I had a layover and so I got in at the same time as everyone else. I was SO sad to go home to an empty house.  It's kinda ridiculous how much I miss my husband when he's gone!  Another perfect trip with our favorite people!  How lucky we are to have such fun family that lets us tag-along and get in on all the fun!!








2 comments:

  1. Oh I looooove this! That trip was such a blast! We're so lucky to have the best brother and sister who are always up for adventures! Fab Four Booyah! Thanks for coming! and Thanks for being the best fans! Love you and Bake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh ry what a fun trip! Disneyworld is the best. You have such great in laws, tell the millers I said hello! Miss you guys. You look so happy. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete